Tues 8 December 2009, a.P.A.t.T. presents…
Terry Riley’s In C
Call for Musicians
A large ensemble of musicians drawn from across the city’s music scene – all backgrounds, interests and experiences welcomed – will take over the Bluecoat for a building-wide performance of Terry Riley’s mesmerizing minimalist masterpiece, In C.
United by a common tempo and responding to the collective poly-rhythmic sound, the musicians make their own ways through Riley’s 53 musical ‘units’ as the piece pulses through the Bluecoat.
a.P.A.t.T. – who are also composing new works for this one-off ensemble – are a Liverpool based musical collective. Recent projects include a full live score to Nosferatu commissioned by BBC Radio. www.apatt.com
Interested in joining the ensemble?
Contact Jon Hering: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worried about reading score??
Don’t!!! a.P.A.t.T. will provide a non-music-reader friendly score with notes clearly stated along the piece. This, along with several rehearsals should allow a musician with a basic understanding of their instrument access to the performance.
• You need to be over 18 and have basic music reading ability – although there’s nothing too tricky and you will have the score in advance.
• Unfortunately, due to the size of the envisioned ensemble, there is no fee available for performing – you’ll be doing it for the love of the music!
• You need to be technically self-contained – either fully acoustic or supplying your own (small) amplifier.
• You need to be able to commit to 2 practices (Sun 6 and Mon 7 Dec) and the performance (Tues 8 Dec), all at the Bluecoat.
• Deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 6 November.